Maintenance Tips for your German Cars
Maintenance is extremely important in prolonging the life of your car as well as lessening the chances and expense of an unexpected breakdown. From your German Car experts at Mercedes Benz Werkstatt, here are some of the things you can do to ensure improved gas mileage for your car and help you save money in the long run.
- Always try to keep your car clean. Dirt or mud on the undercarriage can weigh a significant amount and slow you down. Also, clear out the trunk because more weight means more drag.
- Plan a way to consolidate your errands into one trip. This will save you the cost of using a lot of gas when restarting your engine.
- Sudden starts or stops use more gas than gradual changes in speed—thus, avoid throttling the gas or brake pedal!
- Turn off the engine if you anticipate a lengthy wait.
- By avoiding driving into high speeds, you can improve your gas mileage by up to 15%.
- If your car is equipped with overdrive gearing, use it as soon as your speed is high enough.
- Maintaining a constant speed is ideal for improving your gas mileage. You can do this by using your cruise control.
- Regularly replace the spark plugs in your engine so that the air and fuel mixture will burn cleaner and more efficiently.
- By allowing gas to get in and exhaust to get out of your vehicle you can improve the intake/output system, resulting to a better overall performance and gas mileage of your vehicle.
- Use high-quality or synthetic motor oil to reduce friction.
- Always check your oil—low oil makes your engine work harder.
- Dirty filters can sometimes increase the amount of fuel your vehicle uses by as much as 10% which is why it is necessary that you also change your filters regularly.
- Check regularly to ensure your tires are fully inflated and your alignment is good.
- Get regular engine tune-ups and car maintenance checkups from your most trusted automotive expert like Mercedes Benz Werkstatt.