Keep Your Car Running Like New with These 7 Tips & Tricks
According to new data, automakers reported declining sales for the month of March.
While in the past few years car companies’ profits reached all-time highs, it looks like consumers are spending less on new automobiles and investing more on auto repair.
As an automobile owner, getting regular auto maintenance and repair checks are crucial for keeping your four-wheeled investment running like new.
Here are 7 ways you can extend the life of your vehicle:
1. Never ignore your check engine light: We all dread when that light comes on, but waiting to take your car in for repair can create serious (and expensive!) engine trouble down the road.
2. Regularly change your fluids and filters: Bringing your car in for consistent maintenance and checking your fluid levels can extend the lifespan of your car. Your vehicle depends on these safety systems to run at their peak performance levels.
3. Check your tires: Don’t neglect your tires, they should be regularly checked for inflation and tread. If you’re driving on under-inflated tires, they may need to be replaced sooner than necessary. Aside from replacement, tires lacking the proper inflation and tread can lead to decreased performance and poor gas mileage.
4. Don’t ignore your brakes: Your brakes are essential for safety on the road, which is why you shouldn’t overlook any sounds or operational issues, such as screeching, pulling, low pedals, hard pedals and/or vibration. Checking your brakes frequently will prolong their longevity.
5. Lay off the gas pedal and the breaks: Following the rules of the road will cut down on aggressive and reactionary driving. Hitting the gas and slamming on your breaks can lead to major wear and tear on your vehicle.
6. Be mindful of your battery: Always make sure your battery is clean. Dirt can drain battery power and may lead to corrosion. Get your battery checked if you notice dim headlights or interior lights, and if your check engine or battery light pop on.
7. Follow your service schedule: Just like seeing a doctor for check-ups, your car needs to be routinely serviced to make sure it’s performing at its very best. Regular inspection and speedy repairs will prevent more costly services in the future and extend the lifespan of your vehicle.
Purchasing a vehicle is a major investment, so make sure you’re getting the most out of your automobile with proper maintenance and repair.
Mercedes Benz Werkstatt’s expert automotive technicians will keep your vehicle running at peak condition. Specializing in German brands, MBW provides comprehensive auto repair and general maintenance to each of their customers.