German Car Care: Finding the Right Auto Repair Shop
Auto maintenance and auto repair are essential for keeping your German car running in tip-top shape.
Whether your car is a Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Mini Cooper or Volkswagen, it’s important that your German car is in the right hands when getting regular automobile maintenance or repair.
5 Things to Consider Before Bringing Your Car in for Service:
1. Find an auto repair shop that specializes in German cars: German vehicles should always be brought to an auto repair shop that specializes in German manufactured brands. Most generic automotive shops will not have the right equipment or expertise necessary to give your German vehicle the care and service it needs.
2. Find a technician familiar with German automobile computer systems: Aside from finding an automotive technician with the right equipment and expertise, some German vehicles have upwards of 30 computers on board, which require equal skill. Everything from the car’s breaks, steering, transmission, throttle and general engine function are connected to these computer systems. That’s why you need an automotive technician who knows how to properly diagnose the issues in order to correctly repair the problem.
3. Find a repair shop that uses original manufactured parts: Bringing your car to an auto repair shop specializing in German brands is just the first step, you’ll also want to find a service center that has access to the same parts that you’d find at any German car dealership.
4. Follow your service schedule: No matter what type of German automobile you drive, it’s important to follow your car’s service schedule. Most German vehicles will let you know when it’s time to bring your car in for maintenance or repair. You’ll want to find a shop that has access to factory diagnostic equipment to read and reset these systems before and after service.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask questions: If you have any questions or concerns when bringing your car in for service, make sure you address these issues with your technician. At Mercedes Benz Werkstatt, our technicians possess a robust understanding of German automotive systems based upon years of experience working on these vehicles. Our technicians have seen it all. From basic preventative maintenance to more complex repairs, we confidently consider ourselves the foremost experts regarding German auto repair in Los Angeles.